Saturday, June 29, 2013

Honey, I have an idea.

That's pretty much how it started. Six weeks ago, I had an idea for how to grow a bigger vegetable garden in our small city lot. So, we did a little research on square foot gardening, picked out a raised garden bed and headed to the local nursery for seedlings.

Over the last three years, we'd done a small amount of gardening. We had what I would consider a primarily decorative raised bed in which we'd grown some herbs, tomatoes and peppers. So, we're pretty much novices. And we consider this year's expansion one really big experiment. I'm writing this blog so I can remember everything we learn along the way.


May 19, 2013 -- Assembling our raised bed, and trying to get it level (in our not-at-all-level yard).


May 19, 2013 -- Added our grid (made of lath) to create our new square foot garden.


May 19, 2013 -- Planted about half of our seedlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment